Thursday, June 5, 2014

Music I Like - Unedited

Writing 101 Challenge Day Three:
Write about the three most important songs in your life — what do they mean to you?

First song: By my side-David choi
The attractiveness of this song is partly due to the catchy guitar sounds. I really like listening to these types of songs. It sounds so innocent. And it is so cute. It sounds like the guy is so sincere. And the simplicity of the lyrics. It really feels like love and reflects the emotions that we have when we are in love.
The fact that the song is played by a youtube singer is also quite interesting. These youtube celebrities, they inspire because it is almost as if we can be them. They are just ordinary people with a lot of talent, and we think maybe we can be like this too. I love playing the guitar, and in my mind I can play as well as david choi. This may be quite different from reality hahahaha. Also in my mind I can sing just as well as david choi, and I sound just as beautiful. Maybe it is limited just in my mind.

Second song: Still into you – Paramore
Paramore is one of my favorite bands. Why because I think the singer Hayley is really charming, I love her hair. The songs are also really nice.  My style of music. Not too soft.
The lyrics for still into you is also really sincere in my opinion. It speaks of a sincere love that is still there after a time. Something that I, and anybody would wish for.
There is a slight put off that I have recently felt towards this band, which is I’m beginning to see Hayley to be a little self centric. The band is kind of like Hayley and the band, not Paramore. I know they had real problems with that, but only now it really pops up to my eyes even on screen.

Third Song –
Okay nowadays there are so many many many songs, and so many songs that pop up every day and fill up the little brain space. I think we get bored of songs quicker, and it is more difficult to have a favorite song these days. So actually, at this moment none come to mind.
Previous favorites come up, Switchfoot’s Stars, Rita Ora, Fall Out Boy,
But actually nothing more is coming to mind but I can hear in my brain short clips of their songs that I link as I try to recall their songs.
Also I would like to have songs that .. My most favorite kind of songs are,, I Don’t know.. I like songs that we can dance to,  and also songs I can play on my guitar
Speaking of dance.. I will talk about my recent favor to a new type of music Dubstep.
I like the strange sound Dubstep often uses. I like it because it seems very cool. Also very unconventional and I often find them quite amusing. Sounds like creaking of doors, sounds like woomp woomp… of an air bass. The musical instrument is also quite intriguing. You wear sensors around your fingers & hands and play the air, producing these bass sounds. So much fun. So intergalactic. It is like sciencefiction.
Dubstep is charged, and makes me feel pumped.
Skrillex!

I also enjoy merging dubstep into more popular songs, such as done by muse. I actually really like remixes. It is very interesting to me to listen to songs in other formats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you have no spelling mistakes haha... nice piece though:)

Anonymous said...

Your personality is showing, and that's a great thing!
________________
My assignment if you're interested! :)